Sunday, January 23, 2011

Meet Jodi

Our first edition of what will be a 16 part, getting to know each other blog posts!

First up - me!!!!!

Who: Jodi Mann (retreat creator)



From: North East Country Victoria, Corryong to be exact!

Lives with: My soul-mate Scott and three crazy monkees – Lochie, Josh and Cait in a ex Snowy Hydro house.

Blogs: Sporadically over here - and here too - golly I really should update BOTH those blogs!

Creates: Not often enough for my liking, but when I do I – scrap, sew, knit, make Waldorf dolls, faffs about with hats and hat making and occasionally play with the odd mixed media canvas.
I’m also a bit of a whizz in the kitchen!

Describe your creative style in FIVE words: eclectic, vintage, messy, impatient, evolving!


Describe your creative SPACE in five words: on my dinning room table! Seriously, our new house has no room for a dedicated creative space……………it’s on the list!

Likes to listen to:  SILENCE and maybe some U2, Missy Higgins, Dido, Jewel………… I don’t change my CD’s over very often!

Is looking forward to dream.create.inspire because? Well it’s my baby, but also because I had a little dream about creating a warm, beautiful, fun and inspirational CREATIVE weekend away with women I admire and love.  I thought about this for such a long time before I had the courage to speak about it and send out invitations.
It is sooo close now and I am breathless with anticipation, I am also incredibly nervous!


Dreams about: A fully sustainable vegetable garden and orchard, chooks in my backyard, a day to myself every now and then, writing THAT novel, weekly facials (oh yes please!), a cooking school in Tuscany!

FIVE things you cannot live without: my i-phone, camera, laptop, chocolate and coffee (sad, sad I know)

Is inspired by: Creative and gorgeous women of all ages, Oprah Winfrey, sunrises, my children, the mountains and rainy days…..



This might surprise you to learn…………… I also help to organise Car Rallies, odd, yes I know – here’s a link .



Now that wasn't so bad was it - you're next, yes you!

1 comment: